Summer 2014 Bucket List

Monday, September 3, 2012

Frasier is Home

I was able to pick up Frasier from the emergency vet tonight, thanks to my friend Julie. The ER vet is in Dartmouth and it would have been an expensive cab ride there and back, so I was glad I found someone to help us out. I've had to rely on a lot of help from friends over the past week. I definitely want to do something special to thank them when things are back to normal. 

Frasier on the back of the couch.
The ER vet send me home with a bag of renal diet food and a few cans of wet food. I'll have to feed the cats separately from now on, which is going to be a challenge. I've always just free fed them, and Louis tends to eat a lot. I live in a small apartment, but I guess I could feed one cat in the bathroom while feeding the other cat in the kitchen area. Please feel free to pass on any advice you have about this issue, if you have it.


I will still need to followup with Frasier's regular vet. I'm not sure how much of a recovery he's going to make. Obviously I hope he lives for many years in relatively good health. I'm sure this experience has aged him somewhat.

Pay attention to me now.
Since he's been home he's been a bit restless, but he seems to be settling down. He's laying beside me on the couch right now. He was making biscuits, purring, and being his usual cute self. I can tell he's started gaining weight back. He's been drinking a lot but hasn't shown any interest in food, but maybe he's not hungry. Hopefully he likes the food the vet gave me since I have a whole bag of it. I will try to feed him again in the morning.

In case you're wondering about my other cat, Louis, he seems fine. I'm not sure if he missed Frasier being around or not, since he didn't behave differently. He's napping on the bed right now. 

*Pictures taken on my cellphone. 

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful cat Melissa. It's good that you care so much for him. I wish that things were better for your little family. I pray for good things to come. Just keep caring and know that we care for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Liam. I wish Frasier could read! :)

      Delete