Summer 2014 Bucket List

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The sweater is finally done!

Pattern: Sesame by Melissa Wehrle
Yarn: Elann Peruvian Luxury Merino Superwash in Dark Chocolate and Café au Lait
Needles: US 3 - 3.25 mm
Started: April 27, 2008
Finished: June 26, 2010


I started this sweater before my trip to Norway in 2008, because I thought it would be a good thing to wear with the spring weather. I could tell I wasn't going to finish it in time though, so I decided to work on it later. I don't know why it took me so long. I finished knitting all the pieces in early 2009 but it was still quite a while before I put everything together. I finished seaming and weaving in the ends earlier this year, and put the buttons on yesterday. Woot!

It's not perfect, but I think it's great for my first adult sweater. It fits and will be nice to wear this fall. The buttons came from Holland, sent to me by my friend's mother (Thanks Lynn).

My only complaint is that this superwash yarn wrinkles easily, but most of my clothes get wrinkled once I put them on anyway ;)

Frasier approves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment