Summer 2014 Bucket List

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cotton/Lycra Mata Hari Socks

Here is what I'm working on right now. Well to be honest I have a few WIPs on the go, but this project is what I'm currently obsessed with.



The yarn is a cotton/lycra blend by Greenwood Fibreworks. I had coveted the yarn a few years back, before I had really established a stash and been sucked into online buying. The yarn is unfortunately discontinued but I bought some off another Ravelry user.

The pattern is Mata Hari by Stephanie Degen. It's not a pattern that gives you step by step instructions, but if you've knit enough pairs of socks you can figure it out.

Also, on Saturday was World Wide Knit in Public Day in Halifax. I went to knit on the lawn in front of the public library with my friend. On our way there we saw some knit graffiti! This installation was a creative way to invite people to the first public consultation meeting about the new Halifax Central Library. I did not participate but my friend did. The tree is near the area where the new library will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment