Summer 2014 Bucket List

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day #6: Something to aspire to.


In 2008 I went to Norway and saw a lot of really pretty stranded colourwork sweaters. I didn't buy one though because they were quite expensive, plus I figured I could try to knit my own some day. I haven't done any intricate colourwork yet and would love to knit a pretty sweater of my own some day, or maybe something else like a hat or a pair of socks.

My creation
Norwegian Knits
I also want to make a super cozy Aran sweater, which shouldn't be too hard since I really like knitting cables. And of course lace! I don't have any specific project in mind, but I want to knit myself a nice lace shawl someday. I might start with some of the more simple patterns and work my way up. That seems to be how I like to learn new skills.

I've had a super long weekend already from being in my continuing education course last night and all day today. I am tired! I might even go to bed before midnight.

If you haven't had a chance to check out my last post, please do. I ask readers about their experience taking knitting or crochet classes.

2 comments:

  1. I love that baby blanket. I am hoping to knit that one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! The Needle Lady does beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete